“A good speech should be like a woman's skirt: long enough to cover the subject and short enough to create interest” - Winston Churchill
Finally the oral presentation part is over and that concludes the project component as we handed up our proposal. Looking back, I can safely say that I learn a lot about foreign workers and their plight in Singapore through this project. My part for this project would be on the benefits for our plan of action.
In terms of
preparation, our team has done a lot of sourcing for response from surveys,
interviews as well as searching for the relevant appropriate citations needed. For
my part, I am glad that I am able to make good use of my economic theory to come
up with some benefits. I think overall we were quite prepared in terms of
knowing our content about the situation of the foreign workers as well as
knowing what the existing measures are.
After the
oral presentation, I felt that my delivery was rather weak as some sentences
are not coherently linked as I said it. Nevertheless I was quite proud that for
once I am comfortable with not having any cue cards to refer to as I present. I
was able to remember the points that I wanted to say and paraphrase it
accordingly even though sometimes it comes off sounding weird. So my strength
would be that I understand my points however my weakness would be to deliver it
so that the other party can receive the correct message and not something else.
We made use
of powerpoint and videos for our presentations and I think that the video
helped evoke some emotional response from our audience after they watched it.
This certainly helped us in our presentation as we wanted to achieve a common consensus
that something needs to be done with regards to the living condition and delay
in payments of the foreign workers. For my slides, I limited the number of
words that is on the slides as I did not want a huge chunk of text present. So for all of my three slides its minimal words and bullet points as taught to us by Mdm Fazilah.
Overall I think I did a good job on the oral presentation!
(:
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.